Many users have complained about not being satisfied with the performance of their existing WiFi network. Are you also witnessing the same issue recently? Yes? Well then, consider performing Netgear router setup. By configuring a Netgear router in your home, you will easily be able to gain access to an enhanced internet speed. Don’t believe us? No problem. Simply walk through the guidelines mentioned below, learn the process of setting up a router, and gain faith in what we are saying.
Caution: Before getting down to the Netgear router setup process via routerlogin net and Nighthawk app, keep a simple thing in mind: your wireless router should not be placed near any of the following devices:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Microwave ovens
- Fish tanks
- Bluetooth speakers
Doing this one little thing will keep you away from facing the Netgear router setup issues.
How to Perform Netgear Router Setup Manually?
Here is how you can set up a Netgear wireless router by accessing routerlogin net:
- Initiate the process by plugging your Netgear wireless router into a wall outlet.
- Set the power button on your device to ON mode.
Note: Your Netgear Nighthawk router should receive an uninterrupted power supply during the setup process. Thus, ensure that the wall outlet is non-damaged.
- Take an Ethernet cable.
- Use the cable to connect your router as well as the existing modem.
Note: The Ethernet cable connecting your devices ought to be free of damages. Or else, do you know what will happen? You will face technical issues.
- Thereafter, gain access to your computer.
- Open a web browser that you use the most.
Note: Without getting concerned about the web browser you are using, ensure that it is working on its updated version. Also, it should be free of browsing history.
- In the address field, type routerlogin net and press Enter.
- Insert 192.168.1.1 if routerlogin net refuses to work for you.
- Did you get redirected to the Netgear router login page? Good.
- Now, enter the default username and password of your device.
- Click the Log In button.
- On the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard, follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: Do not follow the instructions mentioned on the Netgear Genie dashboard as you like. They need to be followed in the same order they are given.
And you are done! Hopefully, these steps helped you in performing Netgear router setup in a hassle-free way. On the off chance, they did not; take the help of the next method.
How to Perform Router Setup via Nighthawk App?
This method can only be implemented if you want to set up your Netgear router using your mobile device. Here is how you can go about the process via the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile phone.
Note: Whether you are using an Android mobile phone or iOS, it should be fully charged.
- Go to the Google Play Store if you are using an Android phone.
- If you are using an iOS device, then head to the Apple App Store.
- Insert ‘Netgear Nighthawk app’ in the search bar of the store you have opened.
- Tap the Search icon.
- A list will come into view displaying some results.
- Then, select the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Tap the Download button.
- In a fraction of minutes, the application will get installed.
Note: Avoid performing any background activities on your mobile phone while you are installing the Nighthawk app. Or else, the process might come to a halt.
- Once you have launched the app, create a Netgear account.
- You can do using your full name, email address, and password.
- Next, perform Netgear router login via the default username and password.
Note: Not sure about the default admin details of your Netgear wireless router? Why worry? Simply refer to the user manual that you brought while purchasing the router.
- Are you on the BASIC Home screen? Cool. Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
And you have finished this method too! Now, feel free to access Netgear_ext and enjoy a seamless internet connection on every one of your client devices. Also, you can access the internet even in those zones that have no WiFi service.
With pride, we are wrapping up our guide on performing Netgear router setup via routerlogin.net and the Nighthawk app. Now, do you believe what we were saying earlier? If you are nodding your head in yes, do leave a word of appreciation in the comment section whenever you feel like it.