Every time when we buy a new Netgear WiFi Router & Extender, the main requirement is to set it up properly. Once Netgear router setup completes, the next step is to ensure its working and try connecting some of our WiFi-compatible gadgets with the network extended by Netgear extender.
Despite the fact that our gadgets get associated with network extended with the aid of the Netgear WiFi Router but occasionally, it displays limited. It could be because of multiple causes.
If you are also getting the same issue, here’s what you need to do to fix it permanently. But before that, be certain that you have set up the Netgear wireless range extender in a proper manner.
Steps for Netgear Router & Exetnder Setup
- First of all, you have to complete Netgear router setup accurately.
- You should use www.routerlogin.net for proper setup of router.
- Make sure you have the routerlogin.net admin password handy with you.
- Once the router is setup, we need to check the extender.
- Next, power on the extender and apply appropriate power supply to it.
- Connect it to the router and network.
- Now, turn on your computer.
- Access a fast internet connection on it.
- Pull up an internet browser as per your desire.
- In the address bar, type mywifiext.net and hit enter.
- Enter the user ID and password to continue.
- Doing so will open the Netgear genie dashboard.
- It will provide you detailed on-screen commands for the setup.
All you have to do is simply follow the instructions one by one and set up your extender.
Quick Tip: In case mywifiext.net setup page doesn’t open, try accessing it by means of the default IP address 192.168.1.250.
So once you have made the extender setup a successful task, go with the below-given quick fixes if you are getting limited connection icon. Read on.
- Home Router Settings
The home router with which we attempt to set up the Netgear WiFi extender sometimes does not work well with it. It may happen because of the settings we have made very own on our domestic router. So, for the proper functioning of Netgear WiFi extender with our existing router, we might have to make some modifications within the router WiFi settings. To do so, we have to access routerlogin.net web address.
In case the web-based address shows error pop-ups, use its default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1. Once logged in, start making setting changes without difficulty. Thereafter, Netgear wireless range extender should start working fine.
- Restarting Each Tool Should Clear up the Hassle
Occasionally, every setting is ideal on our router but the network extended via Netgear wireless extender still displays limited icon. In this situation, you can simply turn off the home router, the Netgear range extender and all of the gadgets which you have been trying to connect with the extended WiFi network for a few minutes. Make sure you have exit the router login webpage.
Afterward, turn the extender and router on first. Then, turn all other devices on. Now you should be able to connect with the extended network. To check if you are successfully connected to the network, try accessing Netgear genie login page once. If it opens correctly, it means the issue has been fixed.
- The Ultimate Option is to Resetting the Netgear WiFi Range Extender
None of the above-mentioned ways worked for you? Well, don’t lose hope yet! Here’s the final alternative with which you can resolve the issue i.e. resetting.
Yes, you can simply reset the Netgear WiFi range extender to the default factory settings. Let us tell you that the resetting will clear all the customized settings made by you. So you should back up the settings before reset and then restore them. After resetting, you have to set the extender once again. Just go to Netgear smart genie setup and follow the setup steps.
Additionally, don’t forget to install the latest version of Netgear firmware on your device.
So these were some of the amazing ways to troubleshoot the ‘connected to Netgear extender but it is showing limited icon’ issue. For any issues, it’s recommended to opt for immediate Netgear support.