A lot of people suffer from significant hair loss. If your hair starts thinning or even balding, it can affect your mental and emotional health. People think that if they start losing their hair, there is no way that their hair will come back. But a hair transplant could be an excellent option if you want to go for it.
In this article, Dr. Deepesh Goayal, who provides hair transplants in Jaipur, discusses DHT.
What is DHT?
Direct Hair Transplant is an advanced, effective, and innovative technique, including the proper distribution of hair from the areas where more hair is present to where the hair loss is more visible. This technique is carried out without pain and any stitches.
DHT is an advanced version of the FUE (follicular unit extraction) hair transplant method. DHT is also known as DHI (Direct Hair Implantation).
Dr. Deepesh Goyal is a hair transplant surgeon. He has over 7 years of experience treating people with hair loss problems. He provides hair transplants in Jaipur.
Who is it useful for?
If you have androgenic alopecia, known more commonly as male or female pattern baldness, DHT could be useful for you, says Dr. Goyal, providing hair transplants in Jaipur.
The following factors decide if you are a good candidate for DHT:
- Age: If you are going to get DHT treatment after the age of 25. Hair loss before that can be unpredictable.
- Density of hair: If you have thicker hair, chances are you may get better results than people with thinner hair, getting more coverage due to thicker hair.
- The density of donor hair: If you have more density of hair in the donor area, you are a good candidate for a DHT hair transplant.
DHT uses a similar technique to FUE hair transplant. According to Dr. Goyal, Here is how the procedure goes:
- Your surgeon will start by shaving the area of the process and the site from which the follicles will be extracted.
- Then they will give anesthesia to numb the treatment area.
- Then the surgeon will remove your hair follicles using a fine tip tool.
- These follicles of hair will then be loaded into a pen-shaped tool and implanted into the area of treatment.
- Your surgeon will then apply some antibiotic cream to the treatment area and cover the area with a bandage.
- DHT surgery generally takes around eight hours to complete. This time can change depending on how many hair follicles are being transplanted.
- The results can take 12-18 months to show.
According to Dr. Goyal, the following are the advantages of DHT:
- DHT gives natural results after the transplant
- The procedure is mostly painless, and the blood loss is a lot less
- The process is performed manually so the angle, depth, and arrangement of hair can provide denser hair growth
- The hygiene is maintained as the needles and instruments are disposable and are used only once.
- No stitches are involved
- Recovery time is shorter
DHT and FUE are less invasive than FUT, where the surgeon cuts a large strip of skin. Although hair transplant surgeries are relatively safe and most do not cause any complications, there are a few complications with DHT:
Many claim that the FUE and DHT technique is scarless, but there are small scars that remain after the removal of follicles.
2. Allergic reaction to anesthesia
During the DHT procedure, anesthesia is applied to your scalp to numb it. Anesthesia is usually safe, but it can cause harmful or allergic reactions in some people.
You may develop an infection at the donor site or the treatment area.
4. Undesired appearance
When the surgeon implants the hair follicles, they should be planted concerning your natural hair growth. You might be unsatisfied with the results if it is not done correctly.
Some other complications can involve:
- Swelling near the hair follicles
According to Dr. Goyal, the following are the precautions you should take after a DHT procedure:
- The recovery time after DHT is pretty quick. You might feel some discomfort or swelling afterward for around three days.
- Your surgeon may give some instructions to follow after your transplant, such as:
- Do not wash your hair for at least three days.
- Use unscented and gentle shampoos for a few weeks.
- Do not brush or comb your hair for at least three weeks.
- Do not wear hats, scarves, or any other clothing on your hair until your surgeon says it is okay.
According to Dr. Goyal, who provides hair transplants in Jaipur, the average cost of a hair transplant in Jaipur is Rs. 40 per graft. One graft contains 1 to 4 hairs.
DHT is an advanced method of FUE. DHT has the potential to treat male and female pattern baldness.
DHT can be more expensive than FUE. It is essential to discuss your issues with a hair transplant surgeon to know exactly what treatment you need.
You can visit Dr. Deepesh Goyal, providing hair transplants in Jaipur, for further information.