Having a nice head full of hair is a dream of everyone. Hair plays a significant role in the way we look. If you have thinning hair or bald patches, it can affect your self-confidence and self-image.
If you want to get your hair back, you can opt for a hair transplant treatment.
In this article, Dr. Manas Jain, a hair transplant surgeon who provides the best hair transplant treatment in Mysore, talks about hair transplants.
What is a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a process in which a hair transplant surgeon or plastic surgeon transplants hair on the bald or thinning area of the head.
This procedure is generally done by taking hair from the back of your head and implanting them on the front or top of your head.
Hair transplants are usually done in a doctor’s office under anesthesia.
Male or female pattern baldness is one of the most significant causes of hair loss. Some other causes include:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Some medications
Dr. Manas Jain is a renowned hair transplant surgeon in Mysore. He has founded Reniu Clinic, which provides the best hair transplant treatments in Mysore. He has over five years of experience in treating patients with hair loss problems.
Who is a good candidate for a hair transplant?
According to Dr. Jain, you are a good candidate for a hair transplant in the following conditions:
- If you are a male with male pattern baldness
- If you are a woman who has thinning hair
- If you are someone who has lost some of your hair from a scalp or burn injury
Types of Hair Transplants
There are two primary hair transplants, says Dr. Jain, who provides the best hair transplant in Mysore: FUT and FUE.
1. Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- A strip of your scalp’s skin will be cut out from the back of your head by your surgeon using a scalpel.
- The incision is typically a couple of inches long. These hair follicles will be used as a graft.
- A technician will take individual hair follicles out of the strip and prepare them for transplant.
- The hair follicles will be inserted into the balding parts of your scalp following the natural pattern of your hair
- After that, stitches are used to close the incision.
- An antibiotic will be applied to the treatment area and secured with bandages.
2. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- The operation location (also called the donor area) and the area from which the follicles will be removed will first be shaved by your surgeon.
- The surgeon will then use a device known as a micro punch instrument to remove your hair follicles.
- The operation area will then receive several tiny punctures with a needle or other sharp instrument from your surgeon. Here, the extracted particles will be added.
- The follicles will then be inserted into the incisions made by the surgeon.
- The treatment area will then be cleaned and wrapped to facilitate healing.
The whole procedure of a hair transplant takes about 4 hours to complete.
You may need 3 to 4 sessions to get the desired results.
FUE is more expensive than FUT and has less scarring. FUE is also an advanced technique than FUT.
According to Dr. Jain, the following are the advantages of hair transplant:
- You get a full head of hair
- You have fewer bald areas
- You can have a permanent solution for your hair loss
- A hair transplant can improve your lost self-image and self-esteem.
As with any surgical procedure, hair transplant also has some side effects:
- Failed grafts
- Infection from anesthesia
- Numbness on your scalp
- Crust or scrubs
Precautions after the hair transplant
Most hair transplant procedures are outpatient, meaning you can go home the same day after the surgery.
Your surgeon may tell you to take the following precautions:
- You can remove the bandages the day after the procedure.
- After two days, you can wash your hair.
- If your doctor has given you any prescribed medications, you should take those.
Cost of Hair Transplant in Mysore
A hair transplant in Mysore costs around Rs. 30 to Rs. 35 for a FUE hair transplant.
If you have 1500-2000 grafts, it can cost around Rs. 30000 to Rs. 40000.
One graft contains 2 to 4 hairs.
A hair transplant could be a great option if other treatments have not worked for you. It can improve your self-esteem and self-image by giving you the desired look.
You can visit Dr. Manas Jain for the best hair transplant treatment in Mysore.